Biological reaction to light has been known for a long time. Vitamin D synthesis in our skin caused by sunlight is an example of a photochemical reaction. When our skin is exposed to sunlight the ultraviolet B (UVB) rays convert 7-dehydrocholesterol (we all have this) to Vitamin D3.
Photobiomodulation is now the accepted term and is slowly replacing what is known as LED Light Therapy, Low-Level Light Therapy, Cold Laser Therapy. Many terms that all refer to
Cold Laser therapy has long been used by veterinarians to treat a variety of conditions. Recent studies indicate that red LED light therapy is as (if not even more) effective. This is good news for pet owners since these units can be purchased for a fraction of the cost of the cold laser equipment.
I am currently testing several units. If you already use red light therapy at home please join my study. Contact me here.
- Achilles Tendinitis 23-24
- Achilles Tendinopathy 25-26
- Acne 27-29
- Addiction 30
- Amblyopia 31
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration 32-33
- Alzheimer’s Disease 34
- Aphthous Ulcers 35-37
- Bell’s Palsy3 8-40
- Bone Fractures 41-43
- Burn Scars 44
- Burning Mouth Syndrome 45-46
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome 47-48
- Cellulite 49
- Chronic Joint Disorders 50
- Cognitive Enhancement 51-54
- Cold Sores (herpes labialis) 55-56
- COPD57 Dental Implant Stability 58
- Dentin Hypersensitivity59
- Depression 60-62
- Diabetic Foot Ulcer 63-64
- Dry Mouth (
- Dysmenorrhea 68-69
- Elbow Tendinopathy (Tennis Elbow) 70
- Exercise Performance and Recovery 71-75
- Fibromyalgia 76-77
- Frozen Shoulder 78
- Glaucoma 79
- Hair Loss (alopecia) 80-81
- Hand-foot-and-mouth disease 82
- Hypothyroidism 83-85
- Lichen Planus 86
- Low Back Pain 87-89
- Lymphedema 90-92
- Maxillary Sinusitis 93
- Meniscal Pathology 94
- Muscle Growth 95-96
- Muscle Pain 97
- Neck Pain9 8-99
- Neuropathic Foot Ulcer 100
- Nipple Pain (from Breastfeeding) 101-102
- Obesity 103-105
- Oral Mucositis 106-108
- Orthodontic Pain 109-111
- Orthodontic Tooth Movement 112
- Osteoarthritis 113-115
- Osteoporosis (Bone Loss) 116-117
- Pain11 8-119
- Periodontitis (Gum Disease) 120
- Postherpetic Neuralgia 121
- Pressure Ulcer 122-123
- Raynaud’s Phenomenon 127
- Restenosis 128
- Rheumatoid Arthritis 129-131
- Shoulder Tendinopathy 132
- Skin Aging 133-134
- Sternotomy Incision Repair 135-137
- Stroke 138-140
- Sunburn Prevention 141
- Temporomandibular Disorders 142
- Tendinopathy 143
- Testosterone Deficiency 144
- Toenail Fungus 145-147
- Traumatic Brain Injury 148-149
- Venous Leg Ulcers 150
- Vitiligo 151-152
- Wound Healing 153-155″
These are reasonable and work well.
24W Red Led Light Red 660nm and Near Infrared 850nm Led Light Therapy Bulbs for Skin and Pain
This is an awesome little lamp and affordable.It is getting good reviews on Amazon. I have a few From the manufacturer:Combo Deep Red 660 and Near Infrared 850nm, deep red can be absorbed more effectively by skin, repair skin problem. Infrared light 850nm penetrates...
Near Infrared bulb – Ruby NIR-A
I made a sauna out of these bulbs. They submit heat which many claims are beneficial in addition to the infrared light benefits. From the manufacturer: The RubyLux NIR-A Near Infrared Bulb is a human-grade, premium incandescent near infrared light therapy bulb...
- 23. Bjordal JM, Lopes-martins RA, Iversen VV. A randomised, placebo controlled trial of low level laser therapy for activated Achilles tendinitis with microdialysis measurement of peritendinous prostaglandin E2 concentrations. Br J Sports Med. 2006;40(1):76-80.
- 24. Marcos RL, Arnold G, Magnenet V, Rahouadj R, Magdalou J, Lopes-martins RÁ. Biomechanical and biochemical protective effect of low-level laser therapy for Achilles tendinitis. J Mech Behav Biomed Mater. 2014;29:272-85.
- 25. Tumilty S, Munn J, Abbott JH, Mcdonough S, Hurley DA, Baxter GD. Laser therapy in the treatment of achilles tendinopathy: a pilot study. Photomed Laser Surg. 2008;26(1):25-30.
- 26. Stergioulas A, Stergioula M, Aarskog R, Lopes-martins RA, Bjordal JM. Effects of low-level laser therapy and eccentric exercises in the treatment of recreational athletes with chronic achilles tendinopathy. Am J Sports Med. 2008;36(5):881-7.
- 27. Charakida A, Seaton ED, Charakida M, Mouser P, Avgerinos A, Chu AC. Phototherapy in the treatment of acne vulgaris: what is its role?. Am J Clin Dermatol. 2004;5(4):211-6.
- 28. Na JI, Suh DH. Red light phototherapy alone is effective for acne vulgaris: randomized, single-blinded clinical trial. Dermatol Surg. 2007;33(10):1228-33.
- 29. Aziz-jalali MH, Tabaie SM, Djavid GE. Comparison of Red and Infrared Low-level Laser Therapy in the Treatment of Acne Vulgaris. Indian J Dermatol. 2012;57(2):128-30.
- 30. Kerr CM, Lowe PB, Spielholz NI. Low level laser for the stimulation of acupoints for smoking cessation: a double blind, placebo controlled randomized trial and semi structured interviews. J Chin Med. 2008;86:46-51.
- 31. Ivandic BT, Ivandic T. Low-level laser therapy improves visual acuity in adolescent and adult patients with amblyopia. Photomed Laser Surg. 2012;30(3):167-71.
- 32. Olk RJ, Friberg TR, Stickney KL, et al. Therapeutic benefits of infrared (810-nm) diode laser macular grid photocoagulation in prophylactic treatment of nonexudative age-related macular degeneration: two-year results of a randomized pilot study. Ophthalmology. 1999;106(11):2082-90. Ivandic BT,
- 33. Ivandic T. Low-level laser therapy improves vision in patients with age-related macular degeneration. Photomed Laser Surg. 2008;26(3):241-5. Saltmarche AE, Naeser MA, Ho KF, Hamblin MR, Lim L. Significant Improvement in Cognition in Mild to Moderately Severe Dementia Cases Treated with Transcranial Plus Intranasal Photobiomodulation: Case Series Report. Photomed Laser Surg. 2017;35(8):432-441. Aggarwal H, Singh MP, Nahar P, Mathur H, Gv S. Efficacy of low-level laser therapy in treatment of recurrent aphthous ulcers – a sham controlled, split mouth follow up study. J Clin Diagn Res. 2014;8(2):218-21. Vale FA, Moreira MS, De almeida FC, Ramalho KM. Low-level laser therapy in the treatment of recurrent aphthous ulcers: a systematic review. ScientificWorldJournal. 2015;2015:150412. Suter VGA, Sjölund S, Bornstein MM. Effect of laser on pain relief and wound healing of recurrent aphthous stomatitis: a systematic review. Lasers Med Sci. 2017;32(4):953-963. Alayat MS, Elsodany AM, El fiky AA. Efficacy of high and low level laser therapy in the treatment of Bell’s palsy: a randomized double blind placebo-controlled trial. Lasers Med Sci. 2014;29(1):335-42. Fontana CR, Bagnato VS. Low-level laser therapy in pediatric Bell’s palsy: case report in a three-year-old child. J Altern Complement Med. 2013;19(4):376-82. Ordahan B, Karahan AY. Role of low-level laser therapy added to facial expression exercises in patients with idiopathic facial (Bell’s) palsy. Lasers Med Sci. 2017;32(4):931-936. Chang WD, Wu JH, Wang HJ, Jiang JA. Therapeutic outcomes of low-level laser therapy for closed bone fracture in the human wrist and hand. Photomed Laser Surg. 2014;32(4):212-8. Quirk BJ, Sannagowdara K, Buchmann EV, Jensen ES, Gregg DC, Whelan HT. Effect of near-infrared light oncellular ATP production of osteoblasts and fibroblasts and on fracture healing with intramedullary fixation. J Clin Orthop Trauma. 2016;7(4):234-241. Liu X, Lyon R, Meier HT, Thometz J, Haworth ST. Effect of lower-level laser therapy on rabbit tibial fracture. Photomed Laser Surg. 2007;25(6):487-94. Gaida K, Koller R, Isler C, et al. Low Level Laser Therapy–a conservative approach to the burn scar?. Burns. 2004;30(4):362-7. Al-maweri SA, Javed F, Kalakonda B, Alaizari NA, Al-soneidar W, Al-akwa A. Efficacy of low level laser therapy in the treatment of burning mouth syndrome: A systematic review. Photodiagnosis Photodyn Ther. 2017;17:188-193. Valenzuela S, Lopez-jornet P. Effects of low-level laser therapy on burning mouth syndrome. J Oral Rehabil. 2017;44(2):125-132. Chang WD, Wu JH, Jiang JA, Yeh CY, Tsai CT. Carpal tunnel syndrome treated with a diode laser: a controlled treatment of the transverse carpal ligament. Photomed Laser Surg. 2008;26(6):551-7. Li ZJ, Wang Y, Zhang HF, Ma XL, Tian P, Huang Y. Effectiveness of low-level laser on carpal tunnel syndrome: A meta-analysis of previously reported randomized trials. Medicine (Baltimore). 2016;95(31):e4424. Avci P, Nyame TT, Gupta GK, Sadasivam M, Hamblin MR. Low-level laser therapy for fat layer reduction: a comprehensive review. Lasers Surg Med. 2013;45(6):349-57. Bjordal JM, Couppé C, Chow RT, Tunér J, Ljunggren EA. A systematic review of low level laser therapy with location-specific doses for pain from chronic joint disorders. Aust J Physiother. 2003;49(2):107-16. Vargas E, Barrett DW, Saucedo CL, et al. Beneficial neurocognitive effects of transcranial laser in older adults. Lasers Med Sci. 2017;32(5):1153-1162. Barrett DW, Gonzalez-lima F. Transcranial infrared laser stimulation produces beneficial cognitive and emotional effects in humans. Neuroscience. 2013;230:13-23. Hwang J, Castelli DM, Gonzalez-lima F. Cognitive enhancement by transcranial laser stimulation and acute aerobic exercise. Lasers Med Sci. 2016;31(6):1151-60. Gonzalez-lima F, Barrett DW. Augmentation of cognitive brain functions with transcranial lasers. Front Syst Neurosci. 2014;8:36. De paula eduardo C, Aranha AC, Simões A, et al. Laser treatment of recurrent herpes labialis: a literature review. Lasers Med Sci. 2014;29(4):1517-29. Muñoz sanchez PJ, Capote femenías JL, Díaz tejeda A, Tunér J. The effect of 670-nm low laser therapy on herpes simplex type 1. Photomed Laser Surg. 2012;30(1):37-40. Miranda EF, De oliveira LV, Antonialli FC, Vanin AA, De carvalho Pde T, Leal-junior EC. Phototherapy with combination of super-pulsed laser and light-emitting diodes is beneficial in improvement of muscular performance (strength and muscular endurance), dyspnea, and fatigue sensation in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Lasers Med Sci. 2015;30(1):437-43. Gokmenoglu C, Ozmeric N, Erguder I, Elgun S. The effect of light-emitting diode photobiomodulation on implant stability and biochemical markers in peri-implant crevicular fluid. Photomed Laser Surg. 2014;32(3):138-45. Ko Y, Park J, Kim C, Park J, Baek SH, Kook YA. Treatment of dentin hypersensitivity with a low-level laser-emitting toothbrush: double-blind randomised clinical trial of efficacy and safety. J Oral Rehabil. 2014;41(7):523-31. Schiffer F, Johnston AL, Ravichandran C, Polcari A, Teicher MH, Webb RH, Hamblin MR. Psychological benefits 2 and 4 weeks after a single treatment with near infrared light to the forehead: a pilot study of 10 patients with major depression and anxiety. Behav Brain Functions. 2009; 5:46. Henderson TA, Morries LD. Multi-Watt Near-Infrared Phototherapy for the Treatment of Comorbid Depression: An Open-Label Single-Arm Study. Front Psychiatry. 2017;8:187. Barrett DW, Gonzalez-lima F. Transcranial infrared laser stimulation produces beneficial cognitive and emotional effects in humans. Neuroscience. 2013;230:13-23. Tchanque-fossuo CN, Ho D, Dahle SE, Koo E, Isseroff RR, Jagdeo J. Low-level Light Therapy for Treatment of Diabetic Foot Ulcer: A Review of Clinical Experiences. J Drugs Dermatol. 2016;15(7):843-8. Tchanque-fossuo CN, Ho D, Dahle SE, et al. A systematic review of low-level light therapy for treatment of diabetic foot ulcer. Wound Repair Regen. 2016;24(2):418-26. Lončar B, Stipetić MM, Baričević M, Risović D. The effect of low-level laser therapy on salivary glands in patients with xerostomia. Photomed Laser Surg. 2011;29(3):171-5. Pavlić V. [The effects of low-level laser therapy on xerostomia (mouth dryness)]. Med Pregl. 2012;65(5-6):247-50. Vidović juras D, Lukac J, Cekić-arambasin A, et al. Effects of low-level laser treatment on mouth dryness. Coll Antropol. 2010;34(3):1039-43. Shin YI, Kim NG, Park KJ, Kim DW, Hong GY, Shin BC. Skin adhesive low-level light therapy for dysmenorrhoea: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, pilot trial. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2012;286(4):947-52. Hong GY, Shin BC, Park SN, et al. Randomized controlled trial of the efficacy and safety of self-adhesive low-level light therapy in women with primary dysmenorrhea. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2016;133(1):37-42. Bjordal JM, Lopes-martins RA, Joensen J, et al. A systematic review with procedural assessments and meta-analysis of low level laser therapy in lateral elbow tendinopathy (tennis elbow). BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2008;9:75. Antonialli FC, De marchi T, Tomazoni SS, et al. Phototherapy in skeletal muscle performance and recovery after exercise: effect of combination of super-pulsed laser and light-emitting diodes. Lasers Med Sci. 2014;29(6):1967-76. Miranda EF, Vanin AA, Tomazoni SS, et al. Using Pre-Exercise Photobiomodulation Therapy Combining Super-Pulsed Lasers and Light-Emitting Diodes to Improve Performance in Progressive Cardiopulmonary Exercise Tests. J Athl Train. 2016;51(2):129-35. Leal-junior EC, Vanin AA, Miranda EF, De carvalho Pde T, Dal corso S, Bjordal JM. Effect of phototherapy (low-level laser therapy and light-emitting diode therapy) on exercise performance and markers of exercise recovery: a systematic review with meta-analysis. Lasers Med Sci. 2015;30(2):925-39. Ferraresi C, Beltrame T, Fabrizzi F, et al. Muscular pre-conditioning using light-emitting diode therapy (LEDT) for high-intensity exercise: a randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial with a single elite runner. Physiother Theory Pract. 2015;31(5):354-61. Aver vanin A, De marchi T, Tomazoni SS, et al. Pre-Exercise Infrared Low-Level Laser Therapy (810 nm) in Skeletal Muscle Performance and Postexercise Recovery in Humans, What Is the Optimal Dose? A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Clinical Trial. Photomed Laser Surg. 2016;34(10):473-482. De souza RC, De sousa ET, Scudine KG, et al. Low-level laser therapy and anesthetic infiltration for orofacial pain in patients with fibromyalgia: a randomized clinical trial. Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal. 2018;23(1):e65-e71. Ruaro JA, Fréz AR, Ruaro MB, Nicolau RA. Low-level laser therapy to treat fibromyalgia. Lasers Med Sci. 2014;29(6):1815-9. Page MJ, Green S, Kramer S, Johnston RV, Mcbain B, Buchbinder R. Electrotherapy modalities for adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder). Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2014;(10):CD011324. Ivandic BT, Ivandic T. Effects of Photobiomodulation Therapy on Patients with Primary Open Angle Glaucoma: A Pilot Study. Photomed Laser Surg. 2015; Avci P, Gupta GK, Clark J, Wikonkal N, Hamblin MR. Low-level laser (light) therapy (LLLT) for treatment of hair loss. Lasers Surg Med. 2014;46(2):144-51. Zarei M, Wikramanayake TC, Falto-aizpurua L, Schachner LA, Jimenez JJ. Low level laser therapy and hair regrowth: an evidence-based review. Lasers Med Sci. 2016;31(2):363-71. Toida M, Watanabe F, Goto K, Shibata T. Usefulness of low-level laser for control of painful stomatitis in patients with hand-foot-and-mouth disease. J Clin Laser Med Surg. 2003;21(6):363-7. Höfling DB, Chavantes MC, Juliano AG, et al. Low-level laser in the treatment of patients with hypothyroidism induced by chronic autoimmune thyroiditis: a randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial. Lasers Med Sci. 2013;28(3):743-53. Chung H, Dai T, Sharma SK, Huang YY, Carroll JD, Hamblin MR. The nuts and bolts of low-level laser (light) therapy. Ann Biomed Eng. 2012;40(2):516-33. Höfling DB, Chavantes MC, Juliano AG, et al. Low-level laser therapy in chronic autoimmune thyroiditis: a pilot study. Lasers Surg Med. 2010;42(6):589-96. Al-maweri SA, Kalakonda B, Al-soneidar WA, Al-shamiri HM, Alakhali MS, Alaizari N. Efficacy of low-level laser therapy in management of symptomatic oral lichen planus: a systematic review. Lasers Med Sci. 2017;32(6):1429-1437. Huang Z, Ma J, Chen J, Shen B, Pei F, Kraus VB. The effectiveness of low-level laser therapy for nonspecific chronic low back pain: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2015;17:360. Glazov G, Yelland M, Emery J. Low-level laser therapy for chronic non-specific low back pain: a meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials. Acupunct Med. 2016;34(5):328-341. Yousefi-nooraie R, Schonstein E, Heidari K, et al. Low level laser therapy for nonspecific low-back pain. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2007;(2):CD005107. Omar MT, Shaheen AA, Zafar H. A systematic review of the effect of low-level laser therapy in the management of breast cancer-related lymphedema. Support Care Cancer. 2012;20(11):2977-84. E lima MT, E lima JG, De andrade MF, Bergmann A. Low-level laser therapy in secondary lymphedema after breast cancer: systematic review. Lasers Med Sci. 2014;29(3):1289-95. Smoot B, Chiavola-larson L, Lee J, Manibusan H, Allen DD. Effect of low-level laser therapy on pain and swelling in women with breast cancer-related lymphedema: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Cancer Surviv. 2015;9(2):287-304. Mortazavi H, Khalighi H, Goljanian A, Noormohammadi R, Mojahedi S, Sabour S. Intra-oral low level laser therapy in chronic maxillary sinusitis: A new and effective recommended technique. J Clin Exp Dent. 2015;7(5):e557-62. Ferraresi C, Huang YY, Hamblin MR. Photobiomodulation in human muscle tissue: an advantage in sports performance?. J Biophotonics. 2016;9(11-12):1273-1299. Baroni BM, Rodrigues R, Freire BB, Franke Rde A, Geremia JM, Vaz MA. Effect of low-level laser therapy on muscle adaptation to knee extensor eccentric training. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2015;115(3):639-47. Ferraresi C, Huang YY, Hamblin MR. Photobiomodulation in human muscle tissue: an advantage in sports performance?. J Biophotonics. 2016;9(11-12):1273-1299. Law D, Mcdonough S, Bleakley C, Baxter GD, Tumilty S. Laser acupuncture for treating musculoskeletal pain: a systematic review with meta-analysis. J Acupunct Meridian Stud. 2015;8(1):2-16. Chow RT, Johnson MI, Lopes-Martins RAB, Bjordal JM. Efficacy of low-level laser therapy in the management of neck pain: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized placebo or active-treatment controlled trials. The Lancet. 2009; 374(9705):1897-1908. Kadhim-saleh A, Maganti H, Ghert M, Singh S, Farrokhyar F. Is low-level laser therapy in relieving neck pain effective? Systematic review and meta-analysis. Rheumatol Int. 2013;33(10):2493-501. Ebid AA, El-kafy EM, Alayat MS. Effect of pulsed Nd:YAG laser in the treatment of neuropathic foot ulcers in children with spina bifida: a randomized controlled study. Photomed Laser Surg. 2013;31(12):565-70. Coca KP, Marcacine KO, Gamba MA, Corrêa L, Aranha AC, Abrão AC. Efficacy of Low-Level Laser Therapy in Relieving Nipple Pain in Breastfeeding Women: A Triple-Blind, Randomized, Controlled Trial. Pain Manag Nurs. 2016;17(4):281-9. Chaves ME, Araújo AR, Santos SF, Pinotti M, Oliveira LS. LED phototherapy improves healing of nipple trauma: a pilot study. Photomed Laser Surg. 2012;30(3):172-8. Sene-fiorese M, Duarte FO, De aquino junior AE, et al. The potential of phototherapy to reduce body fat, insulin resistance and “metabolic inflexibility” related to obesity in women undergoing weight loss treatment. Lasers Surg Med. 2015;47(8):634-42. Duarte FO, Sene-Fiorese M, Eduardo de Aquino Junior A, Campos RMS, Masquio DCL, Tock L, Duarte ACGO, Damaso AR, Bagnato VS, Parizotto NA. Can low-level laser therapy (LLLT) associated with an aerobic plus resistance training change the cardiometabolic risk in obese women? A placebo-controlled clinical trial. J Photochem Photobiol. 2015; 153: 103-110. Mcrae E, Boris J. Independent evaluation of low-level laser therapy at 635 nm for non-invasive body contouring of the waist, hips, and thighs. Lasers Surg Med. 2013;45(1):1-7. Eduardo Fde P, Bezinelli LM, De carvalho DL, et al. Oral mucositis in pediatric patients undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: clinical outcomes in a context of specialized oral care using low-level laser therapy. Pediatr Transplant. 2015;19(3):316-25. Spivakovsky S. Low level laser therapy may reduce risk of oral mucositis. Evid Based Dent. 2015;16(2):49. He M, Zhang B, Shen N, Wu N, Sun J. A systematic review and meta-analysis of the effect of low-level laser therapy (LLLT) on chemotherapy-induced oral mucositis in pediatric and young patients. Eur J Pediatr. 2018;177(1):7-17. Ren C, Mcgrath C, Yang Y. The effectiveness of low-level diode laser therapy on orthodontic pain management: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Lasers Med Sci. 2015;30(7):1881-93. Li FJ, Zhang JY, Zeng XT, Guo Y. Low-level laser therapy for orthodontic pain: a systematic review. Lasers Med Sci. 2015;30(6):1789-803. Fleming PS, Strydom H, Katsaros C, et al. Non-pharmacological interventions for alleviating pain during orthodontic treatment. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2016;12:CD010263. Yi J, Xiao J, Li H, Li Y, Li X, Zhao Z. Effectiveness of adjunctive interventions for accelerating orthodontic tooth movement: a systematic review of systematic reviews. J Oral Rehabil. 2017;44(8):636-654. Brosseau L, Welch V, Wells G, et al. Low level laser therapy for osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis: a metaanalysis. J Rheumatol. 2000;27(8):1961-9. Jang H, Lee H. Meta-analysis of pain relief effects by laser irradiation on joint areas. Photomed Laser Surg. 2012;30(8):405-17. Bjordal JM, Johnson MI, Lopes-martins RA, Bogen B, Chow R, Ljunggren AE. Short-term efficacy of physical interventions in osteoarthritic knee pain. A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised placebo-controlled trials. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2007;8:51. De souza merli LA, De medeiros VP, Toma L, et al. The low level laser therapy effect on the remodeling of bone extracellular matrix. Photochem Photobiol. 2012;88(5):1293-301. Saad A, El yamany M, Abbas O, Yehia M. Possible role of low level laser therapy on bone turnover in ovariectomized rats. Endocr Regul. 2010;44(4):155-63. Falaki F, Nejat AH, Dalirsani Z. The Effect of Low-level Laser Therapy on Trigeminal Neuralgia: A Review of Literature. J Dent Res Dent Clin Dent Prospects. 2014;8(1):1-5. Bjordal JM, Johnson MI, Iversen V, Aimbire F, Lopez-Martins RAB. Low-level laser therapy in acute pain: A systematic review of possible mechanisms of action and clinical effects in randomized placebo-controlled trials. Photomed Laser Surg. 2006; 24(2):158-168. Ren C, Mcgrath C, Jin L, Zhang C, Yang Y. The effectiveness of low-level laser therapy as an adjunct to non-surgical periodontal treatment: a meta-analysis. J Periodont Res. 2017;52(1):8-20. Chen YT, Wang HH, Wang TJ, Li YC, Chen TJ. Early application of low-level laser may reduce the incidence of postherpetic neuralgia (PHN). J Am Acad Dermatol. 2016;75(3):572-577. Schubert V. Effects of phototherapy on pressure ulcer healing in elderly patients after a falling trauma. A prospective, randomized, controlled study. Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed. 2001;17(1):32-8. Dehlin O, Elmståhl S, Gottrup F. Monochromatic phototherapy: effective treatment for grade II chronic pressure ulcers in elderly patients. Aging Clin Exp Res. 2007;19(6):478-83. Costa MM, Silva SB, Quinto AL, et al. Phototherapy 660 nm for the prevention of radiodermatitis in breast cancer patients receiving radiation therapy: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Trials. 2014;15:330. Censabella S, Claes S, Robijns J, Bulens P, Mebis J. Photobiomodulation for the management of radiation dermatitis: the DERMIS trial, a pilot study of MLS(®) laser therapy in breast cancer patients. Support Care Cancer. 2016;24(9):3925-33. Strouthos I, Chatzikonstantinou G, Tselis N, et al. Photobiomodulation therapy for the management of radiation-induced dermatitis : A single-institution experience of adjuvant radiotherapy in breast cancer patients after breast conserving surgery. Strahlenther Onkol. 2017;193(6):491-498. Hirschl M, Katzenschlager R, Francesconi C, Kundi M. Low level laser therapy in primary Raynaud’s phenomenon–results of a placebo controlled, double blind intervention study. J Rheumatol. 2004;31(12):2408-12. Derkacz A, Protasiewicz M, Poreba R, Szuba A, Andrzejak R. Usefulness of intravascular low-power laser illumination in preventing restenosis after percutaneous coronary intervention. Am J Cardiol. 2010;106(8):1113-7. Brosseau L, Welch V, Wells G, et al. Low level laser therapy (classes I, II and III) in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2000;(2):CD002049. Brosseau L, Robinson V, Wells G, et al. Low level laser therapy (Classes I, II and III) for treating rheumatoid arthritis. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2005;(4):CD002049. Brosseau L, Welch V, Wells G, et al. Low level laser therapy for osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis: a metaanalysis. J Rheumatol. 2000;27(8):1961-9. Haslerud S, Magnussen LH, Joensen J, Lopes-martins RA, Bjordal JM. The efficacy of low-level laser therapy for shoulder tendinopathy: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Physiother Res Int. 2015;20(2):108-25. Lee SY, Park KH, Choi JW, et al. A prospective, randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blinded, and split-face clinical study on LED phototherapy for skin rejuvenation: clinical, profilometric, histologic, ultrastructural, and biochemical evaluations and comparison of three different treatment settings. J Photochem Photobiol B, Biol. 2007;88(1):51-67. Calderhead RG, Kim WS, Ohshiro T, Trelles MA, Vasily DB. Adjunctive 830 nm light-emitting diode therapy can improve the results following aesthetic procedures. Laser Ther. 2015;24(4):277-89. De oliveira RA, Fernandes GA, Lima AC, Tajra filho AD, De barros araújo R, Nicolau RA. The effects of LED emissions on sternotomy incision repair after myocardial revascularization: a randomized double-blind study with follow-up. Lasers Med Sci. 2014;29(3):1195-202. Fernandes GA, Lima AC, Gonzaga IC, De barros araújo R, De oliveira RA, Nicolau RA. Low-intensity laser (660 nm) on sternotomy healing in patients who underwent coronary artery bypass graft: a randomized, double-blind study. Lasers Med Sci. 2016;31(9):1907-1913. Lima AC, Fernandes GA, De barros araújo R, Gonzaga IC, De oliveira RA, Nicolau RA. Photobiomodulation (Laser and LED) on Sternotomy Healing in Hyperglycemic and Normoglycemic Patients Who Underwent Coronary Bypass Surgery with Internal Mammary Artery Grafts: A Randomized, Double-Blind Study with Follow-Up. Photomed Laser Surg. 2017;35(1):24-31. Yip S, Zivin J. Laser therapy in acute stroke treatment. Int J Stroke. 2008;3(2):88-91. Lapchak PA. Taking a light approach to treating acute ischemic stroke patients: transcranial near-infrared laser therapy translational science. Ann Med. 2010;42(8):576-86. Lapchak PA, Boitano PD. Transcranial Near-Infrared Laser Therapy for Stroke: How to Recover from Futility in the NEST-3 Clinical Trial. Acta Neurochir Suppl. 2016;121:7-12. Barolet D, Boucher A. LED photoprevention: reduced MED response following multiple LED exposures. Lasers Surg Med. 2008;40(2):106-12. Chen J, Huang Z, Ge M, Gao M. Efficacy of low-level laser therapy in the treatment of TMDs: a meta-analysis of 14 randomised controlled trials. J Oral Rehabil. 2015;42(4):291-9. Tumilty S, Munn J, Mcdonough S, Hurley DA, Basford JR, Baxter GD. Low level laser treatment of tendinopathy: a systematic review with meta-analysis. Photomed Laser Surg. 2010;28(1):3-16. Ahn JC, Kim YH, Rhee CK. The effects of low level laser therapy (LLLT) on the testis in elevating serum testosterone level in rats. 24(1): 28-32. Souza LW, Souza SV, Botelho AC. Endonyx toenail onychomycosis caused by Trichophyton rubrum: treatment with photodynamic therapy based on methylene blue dye. An Bras Dermatol. 2013;88(6):1019-21. Souza LW, Souza SV, Botelho AC. Distal and lateral toenail onychomycosis caused by Trichophyton rubrum: treatment with photodynamic therapy based on methylene blue dye. An Bras Dermatol. 2014;89(1):184-6. Robres P, Aspiroz C, Rezusta A, Gilaberte Y. Usefulness of Photodynamic Therapy in the Management of Onychomycosis. Actas Dermosifiliogr. 2015;106(10):795-805. Naeser MA, Zafonte R, Krengel MH, et al. Significant improvements in cognitive performance post-transcranial, red/near-infrared light-emitting diode treatments in chronic, mild traumatic brain injury: open-protocol study. J Neurotrauma. 2014;31(11):1008-17. Naeser MA, Martin PI, Ho MD, et al. Transcranial, Red/Near-Infrared Light-Emitting Diode Therapy to Improve Cognition in Chronic Traumatic Brain Injury. Photomed Laser Surg. 2016;34(12):610-626. Gupta AK, Filonenko N, Salansky N, Sauder DN. The use of low energy photon therapy (LEPT) in venous leg ulcers: a double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Dermatol Surg. 1998;24(12):1383-6. Wu CS, Hu SC, Lan CC, Chen GS, Chuo WH, Yu HS. Low-energy helium-neon laser therapy induces repigmentation and improves the abnormalities of cutaneous microcirculation in segmental-type vitiligo lesions. Kaohsiung J Med Sci. 2008;24(4):180-9. Lan CC, Wu CS, Chiou MH, Chiang TY, Yu HS. Low-energy helium-neon laser induces melanocyte proliferation via interaction with type IV collagen: visible light as a therapeutic option for vitiligo. Br J Dermatol. 2009;161(2):273-80. Hopkins JT, Mcloda TA, Seegmiller JG, David baxter G. Low-Level Laser Therapy Facilitates Superficial Wound Healing in Humans: A Triple-Blind, Sham-Controlled Study. J Athl Train. 2004;39(3):223-229. Krynicka I, Rutowski R, Staniszewska-kuś J, Fugiel J, Zaleski A. The role of laser biostimulation in early post-surgery rehabilitation and its effect on wound healing. Ortop Traumatol Rehabil. 2010;12(1):67-79. Lins RD, Dantas EM, Lucena KC, Catão MH, Granville-garcia AF, Carvalho neto LG. Biostimulation effects of low-power laser in the repair process. An Bras Dermatol. 2010;85(6):849-55. Top 10 Proven Benefits of Red Light”